Junior Varsity Strength
Training to Train.
At TTR Fitness and Performance you will become FASTER, STRONGER, MORE AGILE, AND MORE POWERFUL.
JV strength is designed for athletes ages 12-14. In the JV strength program, your athlete will gain 3 important skills…
1. Become a more disciplined athlete- learn how to break through boundaries and roadblocks in your training.
2. Gain confidence- learn proper technique and equipment use so you can lift with confidence. Become more confident in your practice and play, knowing you’ll dominate your sport.
3. Build healthy habits- learn to make exercise fun so that it becomes a life-long habit that you love to do.
Each class is 60 minutes of small-group personal training, where each athlete will have their own program that fits into the coach’s curriculum and your athlete’s goals.
Whether you are a lifelong athlete or you are new to weight training; you can set goals and aim to break them with the help of your coaches and the support of the athletes around you.
Our Athletes Get Results
- Balyi I, Hamilton A. Long-Term Athlete Development: Trainability in Childhood and Adolescence—Windows of Opportunity—Optimal Trainability. Victoria, Canada: National Coaching Institute British Columbia & Advanced Training and Performance Ltd, 2004.
- Viru A, Loko J, Harro M, Volver A, Laaneaots L, Viru M. Critical periods in the development of performance capacity during childhood and adolescence. Eur J Phys Educ 4: 75–119, 1999.
- Lloyd, RS, Oliver, JL. The Youth Physical Development Model: A New Approach to Long-Term Athletic Development. Strength & Conditioning Journal, Volume 34, Issue 3: 61-72, June 2012.
- Rumpf MC, Cronin JB, Oliver JL, Hughes MG. Effect of different training methods on running sprint times in male youth. Pediatric Exercise Science In press.
- Borms J. The child and exercise: An overview. J Sports Sci 4: 4–20, 1986.